Are you planning to spend some time taking in the sights New York City has to offer? Perhaps you’re visiting, or perhaps you’re a local wanting to enjoy your time in the city that never sleeps. Maybe you’re looking to have a solo adventure, or maybe you’re hosting a group and want to plan an experience that hits all the NYC landmarks. If you are weighing your options, you have likely considered New York helicopter tours and New York walking tours. But, which is the right choice for you? Take a look at what each has to offer below!
- Cost: As you might imagine, a helicopter tour in New York will be more expensive than most walking tours. If you’re looking to spend as little as possible, you may prefer a walking tour. Depending on the site, a walking tour can be quite cheap. However, you can book a ride in the skies for as little as $149!
- Number of Guests: You can book your own private New York helicopter tour for up to six people. This gives your guests a private experience together in the world’s safest helicopter with a certified pilot and tour guide. However, if you have a group larger than six to plan for, you may prefer a walking tour, as most walking tours can accommodate a larger group, provided you book your tour spots well in advance.
- Experience: There is no way to deny that New York helicopter sightseeing is an unparalleled experience. While most people have been on a walking tour at some point in their lives, not many have gotten the opportunity to experience a bird’s-eye-view of one of the most well-known cities in the world! If you are looking to do something out of the ordinary while exploring New York, a helicopter tour will certainly be a more unique experience than a walking tour.
- Locations: There is quite a difference in the locale for walking tours and New York helicopter tours, which may help you to make up your mind. Walking tours provide an abundance of different tours geared toward many different interests. You could check out a “movie star” tour that takes you to sites where famous movies were filmed. You could take a tour geared toward food or shopping that allows you to stop and partake while on the tour. New York helicopter rides offer fewer tour choices. However, a helicopter tour gives you the chance to see several iconic New York spots in one tour. For example, the “New Yorker” helicopter tour covers the Statue of Liberty, Empire State and Chrysler Buildings, and the famous Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges. A walking tour could cover no more than one major landmark.
- Time & Effort: If you don’t want to hoof it—you may prefer to take a ride above the majestic city to take it all in. On the other hand, if you’re an active person, you may want to take to the streets on foot and get in some exercise while seeing the sights.
Depending on these factors, you may find that a New York walking tour or a New York helicopter tour best suits your needs. Regardless of the option you choose, you will be sure to enjoy your experience in the city. The only wrong choice is no choice at all!
Comparing a New York helicopter tour to a walking tour might seem ridiculous, but feel free to give us your opinion on this… we welcome your comments!